From Fashionistable
From Fashionistable
From Fashionistable
I know I said I wasnt going to post anything else until next week but I met Shoichi and had to tell you about him now. I had a real treat when I stopped Shoichi . Not only was he amazingly dressed his story was amazing too. He is a an artist from Tokyo. Known mainly for his sculpture he has also created everything he is wearing, his clothing, his shoes and his jewelery.  If you click on the link above he told me he you can see his home and all the furniture he created for there too. He calls himself a recyle artist as all the materials he uses are recycled. His attention to detail is wonderful he told me that all the stitches in his jacket were individually hand stitched. He is in London as he is taking part in an exhibition in Flowers Central gallery 21 Cork Street in London from the 9th to the 14th of Feb. The exhibition is called Life Believes and is a group show of 7 artists that the owner of the Irish Island Inishturkbeg brought together. Shoichi is the only eastern artist taking part. He told me he created his sculpture for the show from an abandoned fuel tank. If you are in London and have time go and have a look. This was amazing serendipity yet again, every time I am about to travel somewhere I meet someone with a connection to the place I am going and just before I head off to Ireland (were I am also from off course) I meet Shoichi.
 
Top