From Fashionistable
From Fashionistable
When I met Freddie he was with all his friends and was embarrassed that I had singled him out. When he finally relaxed he had an interesting story to tell. Firstly the bike. It is beautiful isn't it. I love the colour. Freddie's friend Dean Settle aka Deno Bravo Tino custom made the bike for him. He said he likes bright things as they are a reflection of his personality. He is an actuary during the day to pay the rent but is also a designer, mostly of T's in his spare time - his site is almost ready here. The influence for his T designs is abstract African art mixed with Japanese prints/watercolours, I am looking forward to seeing them. When I asked his style influence he told me he loved Japan, so his style influence is Ghana meets Japanese which he has his own term for and calls it "Blackanese".
For these shots his hat is Supreme, the T is by Getting rich is no dream. His trousers are from another friends store which is No. 6 Brick Lane.
Finally his shoes are from Japan, he was so happy with them he asked me to photograph them, but would not tell me what make they were as he doesn't want us all rushing over there to buy a pair.
 
Top