From Fashionistable
From Fashionistable
Meet Old Cow (as she is affectionately known as) from over at the Worship at the House of Blues. I have been speaking to Yasumi for almost 2 years now. We met online after I photographed her sister, who introduced me to her. OC has a wonderful blog. It is a mix of outfit posts, beauty reviews and generally things that interest her. She has also recently stopped working full-time to spend more time working on her Emporium, which has a constantly changing stock of all things bright and shiny. A few weeks back I just missed out on a collection of sweetheart impressions she had made in black and red which I really liked so approached her with the idea for an extra impression. You can see the result above, beautiful isn't it. One of the meanings of Dvora is Bee so you can see why this had originally struck me (red and black had featured bee's too).  The blue was to match the colour of a ring my husband had bought me. (Hopefully in the not to distant future there will be another whose meaning create my two 1st names together.) The creation of this sweetheart impression gave us the perfect opportunity to meet for the 1st time. We had a wonderful lunch together at the Nordic Cafe on Golden Sq, where time passed all to quickly. Of course as she looked so good I was not going to let the opportunity pass without photographing her and interviewing her too. So here is a quick Q&A.

F: What is your style influence?
OC: My style influence is a hodgepodge of confusion. I draw influence from Fairy Tale princes, suspicious Victorian gents, elegant safari going women, Hercule Poirot and Dot Cotton from Eastenders.

F: What is your favourite place in London?
OC: My favourite place in London is Hackney. I love the diversity, the stench, the creativity, the African mummas and their swinging hips, the decay, the buzz and the humbleness that it inspires within me.

F: Tell me something surprising about yourself.
OC: I laugh out loud in my sleep. Sometimes, I laugh out so loud and with such gusto that I wake myself and the husband up. The strange thing is that I never seem to remember what tickled me.

F: Where do you find inspiration for your designs?
OC: My jewellery designs are inspired by my daydreams, nightmares and imagination. I get my ideas from EVERYWHERE, dark tales, poems, moonlight, nature, adventure, food...you name it...I will find something inspiring in it.

Go check out her blog here, and her Emporium here.
London Fashion week starts tomorrow. I will see you with my 1st post Friday evening. Let the fun begin.
 
Top