From Fashionistable
While at a press day recently I was chatting to one of the lovely ladies from Iris Nation. When she told me they look after the PR for Movember I immediately asked how I could help. 5 years ago I was involved in a project for Breast Cancer. Since then however I have personally known a lot of men, uncles, in-laws, neighbours and friends who have fought the battle with prostrate cancer. Out of 8 only 2 are still alive. I have been wanting to do something in their honor for quite some time and it was wonderful to be sitting beside someone I could offer my services to.
It is great that the guys have a month dedicated to them now, like breast cancer the statistics are difficult reading
UK Latest Messaging
  • One man dies every hour of prostate cancer in the UK.
  • Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men.
  • In the UK 35,000 men are diagnosed every year, this is the equivalent of 100 per day.
  • Prostate cancer diagnoses have increased by 60% over the past ten years.
  • In the UK men have a 1 in 11 lifetime risk of getting prostate cancer
Do any of you lovely readers know any guys growing moustaches this month? I would love to meet and photograph some of them. Please get in touch dvora@fashionistable.com
In the meantime for more info or donate go to movemberfoundation.com or prostate-cancer.org.uk

Image from Iris PR.
 
Top